Thursday, July 23, 2015

Moose...Beaver...Maple Leaf... Has landed??

This post is being written in Jolly Old England! We have arrived safe and sound in London. :)

We left Ottawa at 10:40pm for our red eye on Air Canada. I was surprised that it wasn't sold out and once we were in the air, very jealous of a couple who booked single seats in the row of three chairs, as they had no one bedside them at all and they spread out to sleep.

Our plane being readied
We were also lucky as the seats ahead of us were also free, so Jeff moved up and slept there. I decided I would watch the new Cinderella live action movie. What can I say about it...well the costuming choices were interesting. Ranging from 18th century to 20th century...not sure how I felt about all those periods jumbled together in the same scenes. LOL

But I was excited to see Hayley Atwell as Ella's Mom and of course Helena Bonham Carter is always excellent. Otherwise I would give it a meh. LOL The rest of the flight was uneventful (excellent for plane travel) but I didn't get much sleep...just not too comfortable. :( The landing in London this morning was amazing!

So we managed to walk all the way from our gate to customs (I swear it was at least a kilometre walk. To wait at customs for an hour...lots of people coming into London. We picked up our SIM cards and our Oyster cards and started to make our way into London to find out Airbnb place.

We have determined that Google maps walking directions are the pits, and had us walking way longer and out of the way than necessary. But finally we found our place in the Stockwell area. We stopped at a small market and grabbed sandwiches and drinks and I found the best Kettle Chips to try... Bacon and Maple Syrup. Tastes like sweet BBQ.

mmmm...Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup
We met Rob our host and he is fantastic! I am super happy with where we are staying. It is a very large room with a table and sitting area (in fact I think it is their living room when not being rented.) We had lots to talk about including our mutual love of Top Gear. :P

right now as I write this it is almost 5pm...we have decided to stay in today, rest up for sightseeing tomorrow. We are going to go get some groceries, have dinner and early to bed. I am tired and we walked a lot today!

We don't have many pics yet, but It has been years since I was last in Heathrow, it it amazing and I do love the people movers. :)

Well I am signing off for now, Talk to you tomorrow!

~Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment